Re: [DotGNU]Starting of the swigging of pnet

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Starting of the swigging of pnet
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 01:05:47 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 09:46 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> > As part of the testing of swigsharp,
> > I am creating swig wrappers for the pnet. Based on the ilasm_write
> > module,
> > it includes 99% of the pnet headers and functions
>
> Pnet's code is not intended to be used in this fashion (i.e. from C#
> PInvoke
> call-outs).  It is intended to be used from C.  What purpose does
> this serve?

Well,
First of all, it is a good test of swigsharp.
Second the pnivoke is the standard generated code for swig,
Once it works, I will work on making them internalcalls.

Thirdly, It documents the internals of the pnet as c#

Fourthly I can then make pnet run inside of Perl, Ruby, Java, etc as a
module. Then I can remove the IL Parser from the ILStubberAuto and just
read the ILImage directly into perl.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont