Re: [DotGNU]PInvoke question...

From: Glenn Chambers
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PInvoke question...
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:56:47 -0400

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 06:46 PM, Mark Easton wrote:

Stupid me - of course you are right that Winelib doesn't run on PPC, or
anything other than x86 for that matter.

Don't be so hasty. While I've never tried it, Winelib may in fact work fine on *any* Unix-like system, no matter what hardware. Winelib is a subroutine *library* that provides the Windows API. It is a subset of Wine, which emulates the Windows *operating system*, to the extent that it even runs programs compiled for Windows.

I'd suggest checking at www.winehq.com to see what the portability status if winelib is. (Quickly checking, there's no mention of anyone actually trying this... Maybe it won't work...)

Glenn Chambers
Toledo, OH