[DotGNU]CVS Monitoring and Tinderbox

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]CVS Monitoring and Tinderbox
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:01:37 +0530

Hi,
        We now have a cvs monitoring tool which lets people look
at the code contributions person wise and commit wise into the
entire Portable.net CVS (as well as DGEE).

See http://demo.dotgnu.org/cvsmonitor/cvsmonitor.pl

Please handle with a bit care as it is a bit too heavy on the
processor (this being a chroot box).. Someone should figure out
some way to process this via static pages if possible. (ie static
pages will be generated on first request and served for the next
1 hour or 12 hours etc.. from this cache). I'm not sure who is going
to do that , but well ...

In connection with this , I'd like to ask for suggestions on the
tinderbox idea. We need tinderboxes to test the stuff on various
platforms. Tinderboxes will need to be either pull based or push
based.

The pull based system needs the boxes to be online 24x7 and uses a
poll() feature to pull the results off the box (maybe an .xml via
HTTP). This is a more passive thing which relies on the guy who
sets up the build cron job to be able to push the result to a
particular file. The collation program will run on demo.dotgnu.org
and collect all these to produce a daily report which can be mailed
to the pnet-developers list (one mail a day is no problem at all).

Along with cvsmonitor this should be real cool at figuring out what
went wrong and when... The only sad part is that winforms doesn't have
a test-suite...

So I need various boxen of various configurations to set this thing
up ... anybody interested ?