Re: [DotGNU]CVM to machine code

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]CVM to machine code
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:06:03 +1000

On Sunday 27 July 2003 05:45 am, Rich Baumann wrote:

> > Mono is about 3 times faster than the fastest ilrun build, the others
> > are 5 or more times slower.
>
> I'm just not seeing that. What I am seeing is that it's equal in
> execution time. Of course, that was what Gopal was talking about.

Total execution time (the 25 seconds of "user") will always be the same on
every platform that PNetMark runs on.  For each test, PNetMark runs a
calibration step of 1 second followed by a runtime of 3 seconds.  The total
execution time will be the same for all platforms - what varies is the number
of runs per second, which is adjusted to obtain the scores.