Re: [DotGNU]DGEE/CSLIB Question about webservices lifetime

From: Nicolai P Guba
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DGEE/CSLIB Question about webservices lifetime
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:58:58 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Michael DuPont" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:41 AM

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering how hard it would be to make a hash table in a
> webservice that is shared between session. All of the webmethods are
> static, so does that mean that the data is shared?

Michael,

That's a very good question but it is too advanced for now because sessions
are not implemented yet.
There is no concept of a session just yet.  You are currently limited to
sending xmlrpc requests and recieving its replies.  So storing state is not
possible.  AFAIK chris is currently working very hard on a new design to
load and cache requested objects in the DGEE, but I don't know whether
sessions are supported just yet.  What is certain is that XML Rpc has no
concept of sessions at all.

> Is it possible to store data in static variables between web method
> calls?

I don't think so.  Not yet.  But chris should be able to tell you more about
this since he is working on the new object loader.

> Also, is there a way to get the session id as a string?

Not that I am aware of.  Not yet.