[DotGNU]Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Dvorak: "Patent Riots" of 2003

From: Anatoly Volynets
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Dvorak: "Patent Riots" of 2003
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:38:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Seth Johnson wrote:

> > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1236389,00.asp
>

> Patent Riots of 2003
> I asked him if a
> football play could be patented. He said probably not, since there had to be
> something technological about it to qualify. "But what if this was a timing
> play?" I asked. My jaw dropped when he said it could probably get a patent!
> I was stunned at such an outrageous and stupefying notion. What can you say
> to a guy like this?

What can you say? He is just consistent in his judgment. You are going to
get there where he leads you on that patent leash until you question the
very idea of patent and stop repeat fairy tails about its good
underlayment.

Anatoly Volynets
http://www.total-knowledge.com
http://www.culturedialogue.org