Re: [DotGNU]General question regarding cscc (and a rather late hello).

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]General question regarding cscc (and a rather late hello).
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:33:03 +1000

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 12:31 pm, Andrew Troelsen wrote:

> Now the question is I have seen various tidbits around that seem to
> suggest cscc supports some flag to compile VB.NET code?  Is this true?
> If not, does PNet ship with a VB.NET compiler?

Currently, we support "C# with VB.NET keywords".  i.e. the syntax looks like
VB.NET, but the semantics is C#'s.  To compile, just use "cscc -o blah.exe
blah.vb".  If the file extension isn't ".vb" for some reason, you can force
VB.NET using "cscc -x vb -o blah.exe blah.vb".

Hopefully someone with cscc compiler experience will be able to find a spare
month sometime soon to write the VB.NET semantic analysis routines.  I'd do
it myself, but I'd be killed by the other DotGNU developers who need me to do
some other things first. :-)