Re: [DotGNU]Conference Report from "Using Portable.Net"

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Conference Report from "Using Portable.Net"
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:46:49 -0700

On Sunday 12 October 2003 22:21, Adam Ballai wrote:
> =)  So he brings out a couple toys showing off tablet pc's running
> Windows XP tablet edition and such.  His main goal was to get
> comes to my conclusion that we should have some sort of alternative
> for hand recognition and hook up the pen control to our drawing
> library.  This doesn't take much except a volunteer =)  I looked at
> xscribble, and its very possible to use their code for the
> recognition with a PInvoke wrapper.

This is a general sort of question -- are there any free software
projects working on integrating pen-based computing into the GUI?
This could be from any front: hooks into desktop environments,
handwriting recognition engines, free software applications running
on Windows XP tablet.... ?  How relevant is this topic for dotgnu?

--
Eric Altendorf    //    http://www.speedtoys.com/~eric