[DotGNU]Third-Party C# Frameworks?

From: Mohan Embar
Subject: [DotGNU]Third-Party C# Frameworks?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:44:49 -0600

Hi People,

I'm going to cash in one of my list-unrelated-question
chips. Haven't seen any posts for awhile. Is the list down
or has the party moved to IRC?

At my workplace, they're just starting to get their feet
wet with C#, having done a lot of Java. So the question
that's popping into everyone's mind is: "When you think
of developing a Java application, you immediately think
of third-party frameworks like Struts, JUnit, log4j, etc.
Are there C# frameworks that pop into every C# developer's
mind when they start working on a new project?"

Now I know that some of above have C# equivalents (log4N,
NUnit, etc.) but my question is, do people really use these in
real life? If not, what third-party frameworks pop into mind
when people start working on a C# project, or do people
generally start with the attitude that the .NET class
library is enough?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the list-unrelatedness
of this.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/