Re: [DotGNU]cscc-c compiled with cscc-c

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]cscc-c compiled with cscc-c
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:49:33 +1000

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 12:48 am, Ilyak wrote:
> Is someone interested in possibility of compiling cscc-c (and later, the
> whole pnet compiler and support program suite) with cscc-c to CIL?
> I have tried to do that, like:

It will be a long time before that is possible.  Lots and lots of work is
needed in the compiler and pnetC libraries.  Volunteers needed. :-)

It is possible, but I'm not really sure why you'd want to do it other than as
a torture test of the compiler's capabilities.  Why compile it to IL and run
it slowly on top of a CLR, when you could compile it direct to native code
with gcc and run it fast?