Re: [DotGNU]Garbage collection in Portable .NET

From: Gomi Kapoor
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Garbage collection in Portable .NET
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:15:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Rhys,
> Of course.  We use the standard "libgc" library to
> provide garbage collection,
> and have for about 2 and a bit years now.
I just had a look at the README.QUICK in libgc
directory. It says that use GCMALLOC, GCREALLOC etc.
instead of malloc, realloc...

Just a quick look at the sources in "engine" showed me
that most of the places ILMalloc,ILRealloc etc. are
used and ILMalloc,ILCalloc etc are defined in
support/allocate.c But they are just calling malloc
and calloc.

Am I missing something obvious?

I am new to Linux systems and just trying to get my
hands dirty. Hence some questions may be just too
silly.

Regards,
Gomi

Yahoo! India Insurance Special: Be informed on the best policies, services,
tools and more.
Go to: http://in.insurance.yahoo.com/licspecial/index.html