Re: [DotGNU]Re: DotGNU Ported to PocketPC

From: Vitaliy Pronkin
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: DotGNU Ported to PocketPC
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 01:47:17 +0400

Linux provides set of libraries and system calls other applications are based
on. So if
some app uses them and Linux runs on some device then that application will work
on that device.

Another question is that on such special devices as pocket pcs there are
non-standard
input methods, maybe x11 server and so on. That's why there's special class in
.NET CF
to control Input Panel that don't exist in desktop version of .NET runtime. So
I think dotGNU
will run on any linux device but maybe it won't support all its special
features. If we are
talking only about runtime engine then I think it will of course work because
it doesn't matter
for it, what libraries it works with, it only matters that it can work on some
processor and
on top of some libraries provided by linux.

Regards,
Vitaliy