Re: [DotGNU]Re: DotGNU Ported to PocketPC

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: DotGNU Ported to PocketPC
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 07:52:32 +1000

On Sunday 13 June 2004 07:47 am, Vitaliy Pronkin wrote:

> Another question is that on such special devices as pocket pcs there are
> non-standard input methods, maybe x11 server and so on. That's why there's
> special class in .NET CF to control Input Panel that don't exist in desktop
> version of .NET runtime. So I think dotGNU will run on any linux device but
> maybe it won't support all its special features.

We already have this covered.  The runtime engine and the C# library support
"profiles", which allow special versions to be built of both.  There is
already an "mscompact" profile, which is intended to provide library features
compatible with .NET CF.

If modifications are needed to Panel, then we can easily support that via
profiles, and hook through to the equivalent features in handheld GNU/Linux
implementations.