dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal to delete www prefixes in SOURCES.txt

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal to delete www prefixes in SOURCES.txt
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 15:55:14 -0300

El 2022-09-15 01:44, Yevhen Babiichuk escribió:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 10:20 PM Matías Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:

El 2022-09-14 08:00, Yevhen Babiichuk escribió:
> Hello!
>
> I propose to delete www prefixes in SOURCES.txt and sort it a bit
> after deletion www

What is the purpose behind the proposal on this?

Normally I copy the download address as it is, which applies to the
recipe as well...

Aren't www.example.org and example.org equivalent?

From what I understand this may or may not be supported by the web server. Nowadays current browsers try to complete this by adding the www prefix.

For reasons of practicality and to reflect the url as it is I prefer to keep it that way. I say this also considering for other people, so that they don't take the trouble of having to change or remove the prefix later. In case it doesn't work or the url has changed, let's say the www prefix is not supported, we can always receive a report. :-)