eev

Re: eev-beginner

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: eev-beginner
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 13:52:38 -0700

El 2022-04-11 20:32, Eduardo Ochs escribió:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 22:18, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Eduardo.
>>
>> I understand eev more each time I use it.  I find myself reading the
>> beginner's intro from the start each time.  That has helped me review
>> the basic concepts each time.  But it would also be handy to continue
>> automaticaly where I left with each new start. Is there a way I can save
>> the place I am at, like the Emac's tutorial does it?
>
> Hi Quiliro,
>
> The most eev-ish way to do what you want is to use `M-h M-h' - a.k.a.
> `find-here-links' - to create an elisp hyperlink to the tutorial that
> you are reading, and then refine that hyperlink and copy it to your
> notes... see:
>
>   (find-eev-quick-intro "4.1. `find-here-links'")
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#4.1
>
>   (find-refining-intro "2. Refining hyperlinks")
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-refining-intro.html#2
>
> You can either refine it by using copy and paste in the standard way
> and adding the double quotes by hand, or you can use the advanced
> editing keys explained here...
>
>   (find-refining-intro "2. Refining hyperlinks")

Very nice instructions on all the references.  Congratulations.  They
were very helpful for understanding eev better.

I tried C-h f for finding the descriptions of some of your commands.
But they seem undocumented.  Nevertheless, there is documentation in the
source code.  Is there a reason for this?

> If you want to point to the title of the section then you will have to
> do a trick to avoid copying the invisible text. This is explained in
> this section of an obscure tutorial,
>
>   (find-saving-links-intro "3.3. Invisible text")
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-saving-links-intro.html#3.3

Is this line:
"use `M-w' to copy the region to the kill ring and `M-hy'
to yank it into this sexp"

supposed to be:
"use `M-w' to copy the region to the kill ring and `M-h M-y'
to yank it into this sexp"

?

Later, I see you use this format elsewhere.  Which is the reason to use
`M-hy' as a replacement of `M-h M-y' ?

> and in this video:
>
>   ;; (find-1stclassvideo-links "2021workshop4")
>
>   ;; Title: Invisible text (workshop 2021-dec-04)
>   ;; MP4:   http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos/2021-workshop-4.mp4
>   ;; YT:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhpHHjBUxv8
>   ;; Page:  http://angg.twu.net/2021-workshop.html
>   ;; Comment: Very bad - don't watch!!!
>   ;; Date:    2021dec04
>   ;; Length:  5:42
>   ;;
>   ;; Play:  (find-2021workshop4video "0:00")

The video was quite explanatory and left everything clear for me.  But
the temporary buffer generated by find-1stclassvideo-links was not so
clear to me.  Please explain the contents.

Thank you very much for your help.  :-)