eev

Re: placeholder for eev-beginner

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: placeholder for eev-beginner
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 21:29:33 +0000

El 2022-07-08 14:00, Eduardo Ochs escribió:

>> How can I make a file with those links be modified with the data of
>> point of the file which I am closing?  Then, when I open that same file,
>> the link file would be consulted and it would place point on the place
>> where I last left that file.  Is that possible?
>
> First step: simulate by hand the behavior that you want. Once that
> behavior is clear we can try to implement it in elisp...

Thank you for your patience.  This is what I have in mind:

0. When killing a buffer, copy the position of the point in that buffer
before closing.
1. Search for name of that buffer on our ~/trace.txt or whichever file
we have designated to record these logs.
2. Remove that line in ~/trace.txt and replace it with the link to the
buffer and point we copied.
3. When openning a buffer, check if it is named in ~/trace.txt.  If it
is, place point in that buffer at the position specified in that
~/trace.txt.  If the buffer to open is not named in ~/trace.txt, just
open the buffer.