eev

Re: placeholder for eev-beginner

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: placeholder for eev-beginner
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:35:16 +0000

El 2022-07-09 09:52, Eduardo Ochs escribió:
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2022 at 14:01, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> wrote:
>> (...)
>
> Hi Quiliro,
>
> I do have a way to save hyperlinks to the places where I was in the
> last session, and I use it all the time - but in several aspects my
> way to do that follow design decisions that are the opposite of what
> you are asking for...
>
> What you are proposing includes saving a sexp hyperlink to a file on
> exit and executing sexp hyperlinks from that file "automatically" (in
> some sense) when we restart Emacs.
>
> I prefer to save those hyperlinks to the end of the file in which I
> keep most of my messy notes - to ~/TODO, but above the "Local
> variables:" section - so that I will see them when I start Emacs
> again, and then I'll be able to choose which of those hyperlinks I
> want to follow.
>
>> In conclusion, I must make a file with the hyperlinks.  There is no way
>> to recover the place that I last left the files that I have visited and
>> open theme there the next time I open them.  I still have to open my
>> hyperlink file fist and then go to the files from there.  Is that
>> correct?
>>
>> How can I make a file with those links be modified with the data of
>> point of the file which I am closing?  Then, when I open that same file,
>> the link file would be consulted and it would place point on the place
>> where I last left that file.  Is that possible?
>
> Your "make a file with the hyperlinks" seems to mean "make a SEPARATE
> file with the hyperlinks". Practically all the file formats that I use
> that are not binary formats support sexp hyperlinks in comments, in
> this sense:
>
>   http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/2019emacsconf.pdf#page=6
>
> so I'm used to putting sexp "everywhere"... and in most cases I use
> `M-h M-h' (i.e., find-here-links) to generate a hyperlink to "here" -
> I have some alternatives to `M-h M-h', but they are experimental. So
> what I recommend is: try to learn how to use `M-h M-h' and refinement
> to create hyperlinks to a few kinds of "here"s, starting by intros,
> files, and info pages.
>
>   Hope that helps,

It does, even if it not my prefered way.  Thank you very much for your
effert to help.  It means a lot to me.  It also means a lot to me that
you want to help the end users control their computers by allowing them
to see more of how Emacs works (instead of hidding it).  Thank you very
much and congratulations.  I will try to learn eev your way before
trying to do it mine.  :-)