Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:33:15 -0400 (EDT)

   For information on how to access your repository, please look at
   http://www.gnu.org/software/devel.html#CVS

Done.  As it happens, emacs is not listed as any of the available
modules, so perhaps I should not be surprised that I cannot
access the emacs repository.

I ran the following

     $ cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs login
    (Logging in to address@hidden)
    CVS password:

but check out failed:

     $ cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs checkout emacs
    cvs server: Updating emacs
    cvs server: cannot open directory /cvs/emacs: Permission denied
    cvs server: skipping directory emacs

Also, on my machine I changed the name of the archive to

    :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs

in my CVS/Root files but also cannot update emacs.

Here are the messages:

  <bob> /usr/local/src/emacs $ cvs login
  (Logging in to address@hidden)
  CVS password:

  <bob> /usr/local/src/emacs $ cvs update
  ? config.log
  ? Makefile
  ? config.cache
  ? config.status
  ? leim/Makefile
  ? lib-src/Makefile
  ? lisp/Makefile
  ? lwlib/Makefile
  ? man/Makefile
  ? oldXMenu/Makefile
  ? src/Makefile
  cvs server: Updating .
  cvs server: cannot open directory /cvs/emacs: Permission denied
  cvs server: skipping directory
  no such user bob in CVSROOT/passwd
  cvs update: authorization failed: server subversions.gnu.org rejected access
  cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

Also I tried, logging in as me,

    :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs

and used the password that had worked with cvs.gnu.org, but that
failed too.

Also, neither kerberos nor lsh let me log on to subversions, although
I can log on to melange.gnu.org using kerberos and log on to
alpha.gnu.org using lsh.

Please help!    Thanks!

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden