Re: tool-tip default

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:25:08 +0900 (JST)

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> But tool-tips can be enabled now, if we agree on that.

I discovered a problem with tool-tips just now: I upgraded my X server
to Xfree86 4.0.1, and now the area obscured when a tool-tip pops up over
a menu entry is not redrawn when the tooltip goes away.  I don't know if
this is a bug in the lucid menu code or if the new X server has a
problem.

I worked around this in my case by turning on the backingstore option in
the X server, but that can't be relied upon.

-Miles