Re: tool-tip default

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 21:53:43 +0000

Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:

>  RJC> The blinking cursor attracts too much of my attention and
>  RJC> distracts me.
>
> [I find it useful (fully aware of the effect).  It must be a YMMV.]

FWIW, I could not find any applications other than Emacs 20.7 on my
Solaris box that do not have blinking cursors by default. Even vim has
a blinking cursor. I find it assists finding the cursor when your
attention has been distracted. The rate at which Emacs blinks the
cursor is not especially annoying - dtterm is much worse.

If there are any global .Xdefault settings that affect cursor
blinking, I think we should honor those, otherwise the behaviour of
other applications would suggest that blinking cursors are the norm
these days.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>