Re: tool-tip default

From: William M. Perry
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:52:43 -0500

Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:

>  WMP> Does the widget code make use of :help-echo
>
> Yes.  Don't you see it in Custom buffers, Gnus &c?  If not, something
> is amiss.

Just hadn't noticed it yet... I never use customize. :)

>  WMP> If so, then tool-tips would make this much cooler.
>
> Is there something special about widgets in that respect, as opposed to
> anything else with the property?

Didn't realize there was the general `help-echo' property for arbitrary
text.  I was thinking of just the :help-echo property for widgets.

> [One should certainly be able to turn off the nasty track-mouse stuff
> in W3 that leaks to a global setting for reasons I never spotted...]

I'm checking in a fix for this in a few minutes... No longer will
[mouse-movement] be bound in the w3 local keymap.  Wheee!

-bp