Re: Emacs 21.0.90 for windows binaries?

From: Andrew Innes
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.0.90 for windows binaries?
Date: 23 Nov 2000 18:41:22 +0000

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:26:02 -0500, address@hidden (William M. Perry) said:
>Has anybody made binaries of the 21.x pre-release (or even recent CVS drop)
>available?  I don't have the full compiler suite on my machine (although I
>might in a few weeks), and wanted to check out Emacs/W3 and Gnus on
>windows.

Hi Bill,

I make the Windows binaries for pretests, but at the moment I don't have
a way to upload them to alpha.gnu.org (I'm trying to work out how to
install ssh or lsh so I can use scp to do that).

Once I get that sorted out (it may take a while, unfortunately), I will
be putting up Windows binaries for each pretest, as normal.

BTW, Emacs 21 now builds on Windows using gcc-2.95 and Mingw, so you
don't need the Microsoft compiler suite.  Look at nt/INSTALL for more
details.

AndrewI