Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch e

From: William M. Perry
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit]
Date: 01 Nov 2001 22:39:51 -0500

"Jason Rumney" <address@hidden> writes:

> >However, it turns out that using /cvsroot/emacs can only be done via
> >CVS/SSH, so unless you have no problems with using SSH, please wait a
> >bit while I'm discussing this with savannah-hackers.  (For me, it is a
> >terrible nuisance to be forced to use CVS/SSH from my home machine.)
>
> I am using /cvsroot/emacs via CVS/kerberized rsh (since I've
> never been successful getting ssh to work from a DHCP machine).

What problems are you having with a DHCP'd machine?  I use DHCP exclusively
so that moving between my home office, the office in seattle, and whatever
hotels there are in between just 'works'.

SSH has always worked just spiffy for me.  OpenSSH 2.x - currently 2.9p2 on
debian unstable, but it works from my solaris machine as well.  It doesn't
move as often, but is still DHCP'd just in case.

-bp
--
Ceterum censeo vi esse delendam