Re: Yanking text properties

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Yanking text properties
Date: 03 Nov 2001 08:57:17 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > be an acceptable partial[1] workaround?
>
> I think the above approach is a bit too heavy-weight.
>
> > We could also use 'after-change-functions' to strip the properties.
>
> That sounds like a better approach.  Although, advising `yank'
> might work just as well.

Personally, I'd like to just change the way `buffer-substring' &c work,
to respect a list of properties to strip when _cutting_.  Since the
buffer from which the text came knows about which properties it uses
that are `wierd', it is in a much better position to do know what to do
about them.

So a common value might be '(field read-only)

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
 has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia