Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Abnormal High CPU Usage]]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Abnormal High CPU Usage]]
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:45:18 -0700 (MST)

    As a suggestion, do you think it's better to periodically generate tar
balls of
    the cvs trunk, i.e. snapshots, and put a link on the webpage?  I guess there
    must be some other people out there who cannot access the source via cvs.

It could be a good idea, but it might be a nontrivial thing to set up.
Does anyone want to set it up?

The one other issue that occurs to me is that sometimes
the sources in CVS are broken.  If the tar file gets made
(by chance) at such a time, it would then stay broken even
after the CVS sources are corrected.

I am not sure that is a significant issue, though.