Re: address@hidden: latin-1 language environment and bash.exe under w2k]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: latin-1 language environment and bash.exe under w2k]
Date: 11 Nov 2001 11:37:43 +0000

> Although this was reported on Windows, I suspect it actually relates
> to decoding rather than to Windows.  Can you try to investigate?

I cannot reproduce this. But maybe something it subtly different
between having a German locale and setting LANG=DEU before running Emacs.

What I find strange is that the language environment should already be
"German" with that LANG setting. So how does "German" differ from
"Latin-1" for process-coding-system?