Re: Gnuserv

From: Martin Schwenke
Subject: Re: Gnuserv
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:41:46 +1100

    RMS> He is saying there are two very different versions.

Although they're both based on Andy Norman's original one?

    RMS>     gnuserv.el says:

    RMS>     ;; Author: Andy Norman (address@hidden), originally based on
server.el
    RMS>     ;;         Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden>
    RMS>     ;; Maintainer: Jan Vroonhof <address@hidden>,
    RMS>     ;;             Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden>

    RMS> Is that list from the XEmacs version, or from ours?

XEmacs.

    RMS> I am pretty sure that Hrvoje will sign papers.  (He and I are
    RMS> on good terms.)  My last address for him is
    RMS> address@hidden  We also to ask Jan Vroonhof.  Would
    RMS> you like to ask them?

OK... although I don't know either of them...

    RMS> We have papers from Hewlett Packard that probably cover Andy
    RMS> Norman's work.  We also have papers for gnuserv from Arup
    RMS> Mukherjee, Darrell Kindred, and David Bristor (sp?).

    RMS> This shows that the list in that file is not complete; there are
    RMS> probably other contributors whose names neither of us knows.  We need
    RMS> to find out who they are.  It is possible that Jan Vroonhof would
    RMS> know--could you ask him?  Hrvoje might also know some.

I'm not certain, but I think you'll find that the changes made by Arup
Mukherjee and Darrell Kindred were to the C part.  They don't appear
to have changed gnuserv.el.

OK, I'll ask them both about copyright assignments and whether they
know of other contributors...

peace & happiness,
martin