Re: Please help developing Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Please help developing Emacs
Date: 16 Nov 2001 09:54:07 +0900

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:
> I like it: It concentrates on text.  It doesn't look like a cute furry
> animal.  The orange color somehow associate it with hip-hop music and
> sub-culture: young and fresh without being gaudy.

Er, it's clear that the design is trying for a kind of `techno'
futuristic feel (the particular shades of orange and grey, and the
symbol-looking thing are a dead giveaway), but to be honest it comes as
off more as a very amateurish attempt to be trendy, the sort of thing
that feels dated before it's even released...

[I cringe to think that the artist might read the above, but I'm not
sure what else I can say -- opinions will vary, but mine is that it's
not a good logo, and especially not for emacs.]

-Miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.