Re: lisp-indent-function

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lisp-indent-function
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:59:57 +0200

> From: Andre Spiegel <address@hidden>
> Date: 23 Nov 2001 12:46:30 +0100
>
> I had a very hard time finding out about `lisp-indent-function'.  I
> did not know exactly how it is called, and how to use it.

Please tell what strings or regexps did you use to look for this.
Knowing that will help writing the index entries.

> + @vindex lisp-indent-function
>     You can override the standard pattern in various ways for individual
>   functions, according to the @code{lisp-indent-function} property of the
>   function name.  There are four possibilities for this property:
>
> (I'm not sure if it's correct to use `vindex' here.)

It isn't, since lisp-indent-function is a property, not a variable.

However, I wonder: the section where you wanted to add this talks
about Lisp indentation, so perhaps if we add index entries which will
make it easier to find that section, there will be no need for a
separate index entry you suggested?