Re: recenter causing delay in cursor display

From: Dave Sieber
Subject: Re: recenter causing delay in cursor display
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 16:57:14 -0800

Richard Stallman wrote:

I see the cursor not blink for a second, but it seems to be always on
for that second, regardless of comments.

Would you please provide a single precise test case, rather than a
general description like "on a line with a comment"?  The Bugs section
of the manual explains why this is so important.

Apologies for the inadequate description. Further examination has revealed that it is the background color attribute causing this. In my case, I had the background for font-lock-comment-face set to lightcyan -- so it *seemed* to be any line containing a comment. The difference was that only comments had a background color. When I removed the background color, the cursor no longer disappeared after a C-L when point is on those same lines.

HTH,

--
dave