Re: transient-mark-mode: change address@hidden, address@hidden

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: transient-mark-mode: change address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:53:45 -0500

> > I think there should be an easily accessible command
> > (with default key binding) that does this commenting/uncommenting of
> > regions independently of modes.
>
> That's a good idea, IMHO.  But turning on transient-mark-mode as a
> means to achieve that is not right, because it has too many side
> effects which some users won't like.

I think the issue is not just comment-region.
How about providing a "region prefix" command so you can do

        C-SPC ...move about... \[region-prefix] M-;

where `region-prefix' basically activates the mark (if needed),
turns on transient-mark-mode and turns it back off right after the next
command ?

        Stefan