Re: dired not loading directory if in buffer with file from that directo

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: dired not loading directory if in buffer with file from that directory
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:04:08 -0700 (MST)

        Attempting to load a directory with "find-file" does nothing
        if performed in a buffer containing a file from that directory.

In commands that read a file name, if the minibuffer contains the
exact same text as the initial text (the default directory), it stands
for the default filename.  That feature is often useful, so I would
not want to take it out.  In this case, it is inconvenient, I agree.

But as long as we have the feature in general, it is not clear
what to change here.  I don't see a non-kludgy way to make this better.