Re: xt-mouse wheel support patch

From: Jaeyoun Chung
Subject: Re: xt-mouse wheel support patch
Date: 30 Nov 2001 11:16:37 +0900

* Jaeyoun Chung <address@hidden> at 2001-11-29 12:30+0900

* Richard Stallman <address@hidden> at 2001-11-29 12:18-0700
| Could you explain what is wrong about the existing code,
| and why this change makes it correct?  I am not saying it is wrong,
| but we need to understand why it is right.

  Sorry about that:)

  The xt-mouse-mode does not handle wheel mouse events correctly. when the
  wheel button in the mouse is triggered, the sequence of the types of
  events (omitting the x, y position) feeding to emacs are either:

   64 + #o40
   3  + #o40

  or

   65 + #o40
   3  + #o40.

  For other traditional 1, 2, 3 buttons, xt-mouse code converts these
  events as a sequence of down-mouse-N, mouse-N. But for the 4, 5 (aka
  wheel mouse button) buttons, xt-mouse just generates mouse-{4,5} and got
  some error for 3 + #o40 escape sequence.

  Consequently, mouse-wheel-mode + xterm-mouse-mode rings for each wheel
  button.

--
address@hidden