Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirma

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:58:00 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Miles Bader" <address@hidden>

> No, I think it's still bad:  "Reset" is too strong a word -- it
> doesn't make it clear that a save step will subsequently be required
> (especially for users used to the old behavior).  If there are other
> bad uses, they should be changed too, of course.
>
> How about "Get standard values", and "Get saved values"?

Here is a little table trying to show what we actually want to set names on:

    Set:        Field => Current
    Save:      Field => Current, Saved

    Reset:     Current => Field
    Reset to Saved:     Saved => Field, Current (only if Saved)

    Erase Customization:    Standard => Field, Current, Saved

In this context "Reset to Saved" and "Get Saved" actually seem to me to say
too little instead. Maybe "Use Saved"?