Re: customize-rouge output with emacs -q --no-site-file

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: customize-rouge output with emacs -q --no-site-file
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 20:14:49 +0100

> Below is a list of the variables that customize-rouge shows when emacs is
> started with emacs -q --no-site-file. It contains on my pc 32 variables.
>
> Many of them are maybe easy to fix?  Perhaps could Customize in some cases
> just be told that everything is ok? Perhaps should the "standard value" in
> some cases be set to do that? Could such fixes be done before starting
> `site-run-file'? At this point the values should be set. Should the
current
> values at this point not be the standard values?

At the moment I can not see any reason not to do this. Should not the values
just before loading `site-run-file' be the "standard values" for those
variables?

As it works now if you "Erase Customization" for those variables Emacs might
get into trouble. Therefore I attach some simple code for setting the
"standard-values" that I think should go into startup.el to avoid this
trouble.