Re: customize-rouge output with emacs -q --no-site-file

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: customize-rouge output with emacs -q --no-site-file
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:08:49 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luc Teirlinck" <address@hidden>

> I believe that the patch below is the correct way to do what you are
> trying to do.  It could at the very best be _part_ of a solution.  It
> does not solve the other problems I referred to, only the "Erase
> Customization" one.  As before, only provided _for experimentation
> purposes_.  _Not_ meant to be installed in CVS.  When trying out code
> experimenting with Custom, always make sure your .emacs, or whatever
> your custom-file is, is properly backed up.
>
> With this new code, I get 3 options after `emacs -q' and
> `M-x customize-rogue":
>
> debug-ignored-errors, default-frame-alist and user-mail-address.
>
> I believe that I understand the last two as local peculiarities.
> `debug-ignored-errors' is very special.

Hi Luc,

Thanks for correcting my code. My suggestion was of course only for the
"Erase C" problem, but I do believe that this should be solved and I see no
big dangers with the solution.

I suppose you did not start with -q --no-site-file? I only get
debug-ignored-errors left over. I think this should be handled too (but
maybe you have more insight in this?).

I think we should use your code. However maybe we should keep track of the
variables we handle here? I suggest saving them in a list, say
startup-custom-rogue. This could be used for various purpose.