Re: strange emacs 21.4 on ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: strange emacs 21.4 on ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/emacs
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 06:46:51 -0500

The people who reported the bug asked me not to discuss this publicly
before the bug was announced, so I could not discuss it here until
afterwards.  Using a name such as 21.3.1 or 21.3-b would have caused
problems, so that was not a real option.  I had no real alternative
except what I did.

I am sorry if it made someone feel bad, but I can only ask you not
to take it personally.