RE: Customize buttons thatchangeuser'scustomfileshouldaskforconfirmation

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Customize buttons thatchangeuser'scustomfileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:25:36 -0800

    But here we are discussing what happens if you change custom-file in
    an already running Emacs session, after a custom-file has already been
    loaded.  In that situation loading that _second_ Custom file (which
    presumably is an empty file to be written into by the current Emacs)
    does not make a lot of sense.  The main type of situation in which one
    might actually want to change custom-file in a running Emacs is the
    following.

I believe that Kim started off this change-custom-file thread, in the
context of the question of S=>F. He mentioned that it might be useful to
have S=>F instead of only S=>C,F, in order to let you retrieve values from a
second custom file without loading that second file.

I think the thread has diverged from Kim's point, which is OK, but I'm not
sure that everyone is following it clearly.