Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmat

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:51:13 -0600 (CST)

Drew Adams wrote:

   If you do get rid of the buttons, will you also get rid of the equivalent
   menu-bar menu items?

(Meant are the whole buffer buttons, if I understood correctly.)

I believe that for consistency, the equivalent menu-bar items, as well
as the `C-x C-s' binding in Custom buffers, should be eliminated too.
They pose the same problems as the buttons.

We could keep buttons, menu-bar items and binding, as an advanced
"use at your own risk" option for people like Kim, who like them.

Sincerely,

Luc.