Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirma

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's custom fileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:54:38 -0500

    My claim is that he is familiar with an interface where a page has:

     - N different options (N > 1)

     - an "Apply" button  which saves and activates the changes,
       but keep the page open.

     - an "Ok", "Save" or "Finish" button which saves and activates the
       changes, and closes the page

     - a "Cancel" button which closes the page without saving or activating.

     - a "Reset to Defaults" button which removes all user customizations
       and activates some "factory" determined set of defaults.

I would like to move Customize in this direction.
At least the default style of Customize.

I don't mind if experts can customize it and make it do
something different.