Re: tweak to apropos-command display

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: tweak to apropos-command display
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:36:35 -0500 (EST)

>> When apropos-command is displaying the keybindings associated with a
>> command, it often runs past the edge of the screen (esp. when displaying
>> M-x COMMAND RET) This makes the output very difficult to read.
>
>> A simple way to deal with this problem is to put the keybindings on
>> their
>> own line. Opinions?
>
> I rarely care about the keybindings, so rather than waste precious
> vertical space with them, I'd rather set truncate-line.

Having compared the two, I think using truncate-line looks very ugly. IMO,
the increased readability from putting the bindings on a new line more
than makes up for the loss of vertical space.

Anyway, if we don't care about the keybindings, we might as well remove
them entirely, and let the user click on the command to find out. With
truncate-line, the bindings will occasionally be truncated, so their
presence is useless.