Re: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:51:28 +1300

 >     The grep buffer is an example. If I try to place the cursor anywhere on
 >     a line before the end of a match, the associated file pops up in
 >     another buffer. However I might just want to select that window to
 >     resize it.
 >
 > When you found this not to your taste, were you aware about the aspect
 > that Mouse-1 does not follow links if you move the mouse at all?

No. I wasn't aware of that. With the default setting, the user would have to
move the mouse and release it within 350 milliseconds for it to have any
effect. I  think must be quite hard to do.

 > Is that method of avoiding the problem adequate?

My preferences remained unchanged but I also think it must be confusing for
a novice user. Before I was aware of the time limit, I didn't understand why
clicking mouse-1 sometimes popped to a new buffer and other times didn't.

Nick