Re: follow-link in grep buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: follow-link in grep buffer
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:53:15 -0500

    In order not to confuse people too much, I really would want to
    suggest strongly that we remap double-click to mouse-2 unconditionally
    by default (where a "stronger" mouse-2 binding exists), and also map
    mouse-1 to the same when the special "link" property is present.

I do not see any sense in this proposal.  That idea for double-click
seems completely inconsistent with the overall scheme that we have
adopted.