Re: Broken sit-for

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Broken sit-for
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:22:15 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:
>
>> I still think this line should be slightly changed to say something
>> about zero (and negative) values of SECONDS.
>
> To me it seems quite obvious that "seconds <= 0" implies "waited the
> full time".

It does to me too, and that's the problem.

The docstring says the following :

I said earlier:

> Maybe this  part of  the docstring should  be slightly changed  to say
> that a negative or null value of SECONDS is not considered to be fully
> waited if an input was pending before the call to sit-for.

I think the  current docstring is ambiguous on  this point: if seconds
is  <=  0,  one could  think  that  _whatever  the input_  SECONDS  is
considered to be fully waited, whilst it's not the case.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |  Un certain Blaise Pascal              |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |    etc... etc...                       |