RE: Question about font-lock-compile-keywords

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Question about font-lock-compile-keywords
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:36:06 -0700

        I don't have any concrete info to help, here. I just
        thought it seemed a bit backwards. More typically, optional
        args are added in such a way that the nil value is more or
        less compatible with the previous version, without the
        new arg (when feasible).

    The change is to handle two cases differently, which previously were
    handled the same.  Either way, the new version will be compatible with
    the previous version in one case, and incompatible in the other case.

OK, thanks. As I said, I took only a quick look at the code, and was not
sure about the behavior.