Starting ispell in some fixed directory

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Starting ispell in some fixed directory
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:32:57 +0200

Hello,

At the moment, ispell is started (or restarted) in the current directory
of the current buffer. This can lead to problems on w32 where ispell is
still left running after I finish editing a file, which means I cannot
rename, move nor delete the directory in which that file reside.

I use flyspell and, for some reason I do not understand too well but
which might be related to how ispell works, whenever I change from a
buffer with "LocalWords: " definition to one without it, ispell process
is restarted. But it not always restarted again when I kill the new
buffer and go back to the old one.

I often visit some file, edit it, and then want to rename the directory.
It is not (I think) a problem in GNU/Linux, but on w32 system will not
allow me to do it, since there is an ispell process running from that
directory.

A simple fix would be to run ispell in some predefined directory, at
least on Windows -- c:/ for example. I do not think the location matters
for ispell.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Lottery: A tax on people who don't understand statistics.