Re: single init file/directory for windows and linux using version contr

From: Patrick Drechsler
Subject: Re: single init file/directory for windows and linux using version control svn or cvs
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:23:03 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Furthermore: What would be the current Emacs variable to tweak for using an

IF windows
        use this path
ELSEIF Cygwin
        use another path
ELSE ;; linux
        use yet another path

construct?

I tend to do it like this:

  (cond
   ((file-directory-p "/sw/bin/")
    ... use /sw/bin ...)
   ((file-directory-p "D:/homes/")
    ... use d:/homes/ ...)
   ((file-directory-p "/usr/local/bin/")
    ... use /usr/local/bin ...)
   (t ... use the default ...))

Especially since I have access to different GNU/Linux systems which use
different paths, so checking the OS doesn't cut it.

Good idea, I will give it a try. Thanks!

Regards

Patrick