Re: address@hidden: display-pixel behavior changed on Mac OS X]

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: address@hidden: display-pixel behavior changed on Mac OS X]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:47:53 +0900 (JST)

> I now understand the terminology difference between display and
> framebuffer, but seeing as how "emacs doesn't have a concept to
> distinguish multiple framebuffers yet," what would be the best way
> to determine the dimensions of the main "framebuffer?"  It sounds
> like this is no longer possible with the latest change.

At least there's no way to do so in a platform-independent way as of
now.

I'm not sure if it always gives the correct result, but you may
possibly get the width and height of the main display (in Mac
terminology) like this:

(let ((main-display-dict
       (aref (aref (mac-get-preference "DisplaySets" "com.apple.windowserver")
                   0) 0)))
  (cons (cdr (assoc "Width" main-display-dict))
        (cdr (assoc "Height" main-display-dict))))

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden