Re: rcirc multiline nick adding

From: Nic James Ferrier
Subject: Re: rcirc multiline nick adding
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:42:49 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Nic James Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:
>> +  ;; Is there a nick at the start of the multiline buffer? if so add it to
>> all the lines
>> +  (goto-char (point-min))
>> +  (if (looking-at "^[^ :]+: ")
>> +      (let ((nick (match-string 0)))
>> +        (while (re-search-forward "\n" nil t)
>> +          (replace-match (concat "\n" nick)))))
>
> This seems dangerous; what if it's not a nick?  It seems quite likely to
> have annoying results...

Well... with me it always is a nick. And it's vital that it be put
in.

Sending multilines through bitlebee without it is tricky.

Not sure there's another way to tell it if is a nick or not which is
partly why I pasted it here; maybe someone will have an idea.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk