Re: Emacs manual mentioning thumbs mode but not tumme

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Emacs manual mentioning thumbs mode but not tumme
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:43:29 +0200

> I guess, as Kim said, that something starting with "image" would be
> better

I find that too specific, since thumbnails can be useful for other
types of files as well. There's already a tumme.el patch for video
files, and more types (PDF etc.) can be supported in the future.

Hehe, OK :)

In a way, you are correct. What tumme does is just display files,
files that just happen to be images. I guess most of what it does can
be applied to many types of files. Still, the primary use is images
and I suspect that will be the case for a long time. But I might be
wrong.

Before you send your e-mail, I was about to comment on this, which David wrote:

image-dired, dired-image, vdired...

Along those lines I think I like `image-browser' the best.

/Mathias